Successful Student's "Online Health Education Degrees, A Guide For Students" distills online degree programs in Health Education down to their most important and salient points for students. Health Education is available as an online undergraduate and graduate degree online and on-campus at colleges and universities across the U.S.
There are variations of Health Education degrees available.
Online Bachelor's Degrees:
- Health Science: Health Education concentration
- Public Health Education
- Public Health Education and Promotion
- Public Health Studies: Community Health Promotion
Online Master's Degrees:
Online Health Education Degrees | A Guide For Students
Online Bachelor's Degrees
Health Education degrees are available to undergrad students, primarily as bachelor's degrees. A bachelor's degree usually requires 120 credit hours to complete. The first half of this degree is made up of basic classes, and the student earns an Associate's degree.
The second half is upper level major courses in Health Education, and when finished will have graduated with a bachelor's degree in Health Education. These online programs can be synchronous or asynchronous, depending on the college and how the class is administered.
Major Class Examples:
- Marketing Public Health
- Health and Health Systems
- Global Health
Online Master's Degrees
An online Master's degree in Health Education usually takes one a half to two years to complete. Programs usually require 56 - 60 credit hours. Students must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for admission to most programs.
Classes May Include:
- Practical Skills in Public Health I
- Human Resources for Health Care Managers
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Health Behavior
Online PhDs in Health Education require that applicants have a master's degree (or higher). An online doctorate may be taken within Doctor of Education programs. Students will likely have to defend their dissertation.
Classes May Include:
- Behavioral and Social Science Foundations of Health Education
- Advanced Issues in Global Public Health
- Health Issues and Communication Strategies
- Research Theory, Design and Methods