Grand Canyon University is located in Phoenix, Arizona, and is a private, Christian-based university with on-campus and online courses and degrees. Initially founded as a Baptist University in 1949, GCU is now interdenominational.
Around 70,000 students are currently enrolled in online courses from Grand Canyon University, along with around 19,000 on campus students in 17 residence halls. In 2018 GCU was allowed to return to nonprofit status by its accrediting bodies. GCU is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
GCU consists of nine colleges, and offers more than 200 programs. Students may earn degrees at the associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate levels in subjects such as healthcare, business, education, science, liberal arts, Christian theology, math, and engineering. Be sure to check with each subject to see the specific levels of education offered. Grand Canyon University also participates in NCAA Division 1 athletics.
Grand Canyon University Colleges
- Colangelo College of Business
- College of Doctoral Studies
- College of Education
- College of Humanities and Social Science
- College of Fine Arts and Production
- College of Nursing and Healthcare Professions
- College of Theology
- College of Science, Engineering and Technology
- Honors College
Grand Canyon University is Ranked at Successful Student:
- Bachelor of Arts in Digital Film: Screenwriting
- Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in Industrial Organizational Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with an emphasis in Game and Simulation Development
- Online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Online Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Healthcare Administration
Search Online Degrees